Prof. Michał Jacuński
An experienced expert in the field of integrated, political and marketing communication. For several years I have been dealing with both practical and theoretical aspects of communication between various actors: individuals, politicians, candidates, political parties, non-profit organizations, public institutions and companies. My experience and professional expertise as a consultant and an advisor is based on three pillars: firstly, on conducted research and commercial projects, secondly on teaching, tutoring and training, and thirdly, on domestic and international research collaboration. You can contact me using this form.
Teaching and research activity
I am an assistant professor at the University of Wroclaw, where I had accomplished my doctorate (2006) and received a postdoctoral degree (2016). I was one of the founders and editors of the Central European Journal of Communication. I am the author of the book Political communication on the web in Poland. The perspective of political actors (University of Wroclaw publishing house, 2016). My research interest focus on contemporary political communication and the use of new media. I am a member of national and international scientific associations. So far, domestically and abroad, have I conducted classes and lectures altogether for more than 5,000 students.
I have gained experience as journalist while working in the media, among others, Polish Public Radio in Wroclaw, Polish Public Television in Wroclaw, local and regional press, tv and Internet portals. For over 15 years I have been leading various communication projects. I build my expertise with many leading companies in the field of: advertising, new media and interactive projects, integrated and performance marketing, public relations, public opinion research, media planning and buying, television production and visual communication. Owing to this I can share my professional experience and run new challenging projects.
Internships and visiting professor stays
I stayed for a few months of internships in foreign academic centers: Queens University International Study Centre in the UK and the Freie Universität in Berlin (Germany). I was invited for short stays as a guest lecturer/ visiting professor to many European universities, among other:
• University of Tartu (Tartu Ülikool) Tartu/Estonia, 2016 Erasmus + programme
• State University in St. Petersburg/Russia, 2015 inter-university exchange programme
• University of Szeged (Szegedi Tudományegyetem) Szeged/Hungary, 2014 LLP-Erasmus programme
• Vytautas the Great University (Vytautas Didžiojo Universitetas), Kaunas/Lithuania, 2013 LLP-Erasmus programme
• Technical University of Dresden (Technische Universität Dresden), Dresden/Germany, 2012 LLP-Erasmus programme
• Comenius University (Univerzita Komenského) Bratislava/Slovakia, 2011 LLP-Erasmus programme
• St. Anthony Catholic University (Universidad Catolica San Antonio), Murcia/Spain, 2010 LLP-Erasmus programme
• University of Koblenz – Landau (Universität Koblenz-Landau), Germany, 2010 LLP-Erasmus programme
• Free University of Brussels (Université Libre de Bruxelles), Belgium, 2009 LLP-Erasmus programme
• Free University of Berlin (Freie Universität Berlin), Germany, 2009 LLP-Erasmus programme
• King Juan Carlos University (Universidad Rey Juan Carlos), Madrid/Spain, 2008 LLP-Erasmus programme